This superb trek takes us away from the more frequented trails leading to Everest Base Camp, to over a pass to the east. Entering this very sparsely inhabited Hunku valley, we walk northwards through a beautiful high alpine environment, from which Mera Peak (6,476 m.), the highest trekking peak in Nepal, towers over the valley. Traversing around to the north, we find a softer side, and from here it is a nontechnical climb. It can be attempted if you have acclimatised well, with strong lungs and have climbing experience. From here you will have the view of four of the five highest mountains on earth standing proud over hundreds more, many of which are still unnamed and unclimbed. Thamserku Trekking since its operation in 1988 with its capable crew has enviable records of the number of clients who have reached the summit.
After the Mera summit, the trail will follow crossing Mingbo La or Amphu Lapcha down to Everest classic route to Chukung or Pangboche, via Tyangboche Monastery. From here we trek to Namche and down to Lukla. From here we fly back to Kathmandu the following day.
Day 01 Fly to Lukla, & trek to Chhutanga
Day 02 Chhutanga to Karkitang
Day 03 Karkitang to Chhyatarwa
Day 04 Chhyatarwa to Koti (Kothe)
Day 05 Koti to Tangna
Day 06 Tangna rest
Day 07 Tangna to Khare (Base Camp)
Day 08 Khare to High Camp
Day 09 High camp – climb Mera Peak & back to High Camp
Day 10 High Camp to Khare
Day 11 Khare to Tangna
Day 12 Tangna to Koti
Day 13 Koti to Chhyatarwa
Day 14 Chhyatarwa to Chhutanga
Day 15 Chhutanga to Lukla
Day 16 Fly Lukla to Kathmandu
01. All airport transfers by private non-ac car.
02. Mera Peak climbing permit.
03. National Park/Trekking permit.
04. Roundtrip airfare (Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu).
05. Fully catered camping package such as sleeping/dining/kitchen/toilet tents, sleeping mattresses, all meals prepared by our cook, all kitchen equipments, service of trekking/climbing guide, cook, assistants, and porters.
06. Food, salary (allowance), insurance for guide, cook, porters and their transportation / airfares.
07. Sleeping bag and down jacket, if necessary.
08. First-aid kit bag.
09. High altitude professional climbing guide and his special allowance.
10. All taxes and service charges.
11. Accommodation in Kathmandu based on five stars. (Two night)
Cost doesn't Includes:
01. Insurance of any kind.
02. Personal equipments
03. Rescue operation charge.
04. Expenses of personal nature such as beverages, communication, laundry, tipping